Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Review: Tank by Carmen Jenner


Series: Savage Saints 2
Release Date: September 24, 2015
Publisher: Carmen Jenner
Genre: Dark / Adult
Source: Copy provided for honest review
Rating: ★★★★ 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24868482-tank


Killer. Criminal. Sociopath.

All of these words have been used to describe me, and for the longest time I believed that that’s all I was.

I’m the man you call in to clean up your mess, assuming your mess is a guy who needs a bullet to the head. I’m the man the MC calls when they want their dirty work done.

I’m the man who doesn’t feel.

Until now.

Until her.

Now my mess is a woman who won’t save herself. I’ll fight like hell to save her, but at what price to the club? And at what cost to me?

Warning: TANK contains graphic violence, profanity, drug use, and explicit sexual situations that may be a trigger and cause some readers emotional discomfort. Intended for an 18+ audience only. Not intended for pussies.

I almost feel like this book should be titled Ivy, not Tank.  Tank is a huge part of it, of course he is, but it's Ivy's story of struggle and survival that took the center stage for me.

Tank isn't the best guy. He's done awful things. He's the MC's assassin, he's witnessed horrific things happen to people who didn't deserve them, he's lived a life of debauchery, he's watched as Ivy, determinately self destructs.

But he's done with most of that now. Minus the assassin stuff, anyway.  More specifically, he's done letting Ivy hurt herself anymore and he sure as hell is done letting her hurt him by proxy.  Though it will take all his brute strength and the caring teddy bear (it is a super huge fucking teddy bear too, let me tell you)  hiding inside to keep the woman he wants from getting what she thinks she deserves.

I want her submission. I want her heart. I want her to look at me and not wish I were someone else. 

Ivy's had a hard life. The hardest. Her past is dark and full of all the terrible horrors you never wish on a child. Becoming a whore for the MC is almost like a dream come true to her. Which, yeah...that's fucked up, but it's better than what she had before and the MC offers a protection she can't gain in any other way.

Her story is a hard one to read. Start to finish. At the beginning (and if you've read Kick), she isn't the easiest girl to like but as you learn more about her, she's impossible to hate.


Ivy is tragedy, she's pain, she's abuse, she's addiction, she's sorrow.

Tank, the club assassin, is her salvation - or maybe, he's the tool for her to find her own.

There was a point in this story that I had to set my kindle down and just absorb. I actually messaged Jenner...I may have even called her a naughty name. I can't be blamed. I felt flayed. I felt defeated.

But that's the point. She means for you to feel it a certain way and I did. Luckily, for the sake of our friendship, she put me back together at the end. I truly believe Jenner's strength in writing comes out when she's writing dark and heavy. Weather it's dealing with abuse or rape or hell, zombies...she does it with a certain amount of bravery and I always FEEL it.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...