Thursday, June 04, 2015

Review: Complete Submission / Songs of Submission by C.D. Reiss

Series: Songs of Submission #1-8
Genre: Erotica
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★

http://amzn.to/1FV5ZL4



Jonathan Drazen.
Gorgeous. Check.
Charming. Check.
Smart. Check.
Rich. Hey... I'm not gonna complain.

All the ingredients for a few nights of mind-blowing pleasure are right there. He's made it perfectly clear he can't love me, and I'm not out to fall in love either.
But I can't stay away from him. He's got this bossy way about him in bed. The word "Sir," falls from my lips, and when he tells me to get on my knees...well, my knees have a mind of their own.
I got this. I can be his slave for a few nights and walk away unscathed.
We get in. Get it on. Get the hell out. Done.
He knows the line between love and lust. It's right between my legs. Now, let's see if that line blurs for me.
 

I have seen the Songs of Submission books circulating for awhile and have always been a little in love with the various covers. I believe the first book, Beg, came out in 2013 so it has taken some time for them to work their way up my reading list.  Now, I'll admit, I wish I had read them sooner.

Monica is an ambitious woman, set on a life in music and art. She's determined that love, or sex, will not get in the way of that life.  Jonathon seems like the perfect way to keep her libido in check without losing her head in a relationship.

He's not committal, clear that he is not capable of loving her but that he will give her all the sexual pleasure she could ever imagine.  Even some she couldn't.

Undeniably amazing sex leads to wanting more amazing sex, which leads to entangled lives entwined in secrets and scandals. It's all a beautifully choreographed disaster waiting to happen that leads into such an intense love story.

I think what I loved the most was the realness of the characters.  Monica is down to earth and so stubborn.  Yes, she falls into the roll of submissive seamlessly, in the bedroom.  But outside of it, she's a girl next door type. And Jonathon, for being a dominant, does it push the boundaries of that. He sees it as for the bedroom only, as well.  Even though he's controlling, it came across more like the natural habits of a man protective of someone he loves and not some dominant Alpha.

I appreciated those aspects.  It made the story more believable and relateable.  Even the drama felt reasonable. It's so easy to have everything feel over the top when stories revolve around the rich and famous, especially with some BDSM thrown in. But I didn't feel the need to eye roll over who was screwing who over. I bought it all. 

There is also a good amount of sadness and tenderness that helped balance out the raw sex and conniving plots.

All in all, I was really pleased with the series and I devoured it rather quickly.  If you like your sex rough, but not too rough and your males Alpha, but not too Alpha - I'd say give this series a shot.

I picked this up when it was in a special bundle with all the books, it is no longer available. However, the Amazon link above will take you to the first three books.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...