Thursday, March 12, 2015

Reveal: Echo (Black Lotus #2) by E.K. Blair

Series: Black Lotus #2
Release Date: May 12, 2015
Publisher: E.K. Blair
Genre: Psychosexual Thriller


It's been said the longest echo ever measured lasted 75 seconds, but I can assure you, this will last much longer. The bang deafened the world around me, muting everything into nullity, allowing the reflection of its destruction to live far beyond its intended life.

It will follow me forever, destroying me—destroying you.

You want answers?

So do I.


http://bit.ly/1thny3h



They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence.
But I’m not innocent.
I haven’t been for a very long time.
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.
Vanished.

I never even had a choice.
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs.
Until now.
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine.

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.


http://amzn.to/1wXTldC


BANG was one of my favorite reads in 2014, I'll add my review of it below.  If you like totally fucked up shit, this is the series for you! ;)



If, like me, you like your romance laced with all things dark and sinister...this is the book for you. To say I was surprised by where the story of BANG went, would be an understatement. Blair expertly took me on a wild ride from start to finish.

Vengeance is a funny thing. It comes in two forms. Some seek vengeance as retribution for a grievance crime against an innocent person. Wanting to right a wrong. Wanting something good to come out of something bad. Others will seek vengeance in a much more evil and twisted way. Wanting more bad to come out of the original crime.

Either way, you feel you are in "the right" for seeking such balance. Even if you aren't.

The twisted tale of BANG is very much a story of vengeance. A woman so desperate to cause some level of pain on the persons she believes were instrumental in ruining her life. What she will do for her vengeance has no boundaries.

Until she meets someone that shows her a different way to live. Someone who gives her what she never had, what she never knew she needed and can bring a little light to a life full of darkness. But the web is too well weaved to escape it that easily.

BANG is not a book for the faint of heart. There are some extremely horrific moments in it that if they don't make your stomach turn, you aren't quite human.

One thing that I truly loved about BANG is how well Blair wrote the characters. Even the ones you should hate by the end of the book, are really difficult too. They are not black and white people, their lines are blurred and you can't help but sympathize with them on some level.

BANG will disturb you, rattle you, excite you, make you sweat, make you cringe, make you hot. It's an intense read with an ending that will have you sad, livid and guessing at what is to come.

BANG is one of my favorite reads of the year and I think it will be lingering around in my brain for months to come.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...