Monday, March 23, 2015

Makeup Monday #5: Debbie's Top 5 Drugstore Makeup


Makeup Monday is a weekly feature on Black Heart Reviews where we combine two of our favorites things: books and makeup! Hope you enjoy, and feel free to join in by posting your makeup regiment or beauty products on Monday via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #MakeupMonday!

We don't actually have a book to feature with this week's #MakeupMonday post. I wanted to talk to you guys about some of my favorite drugstore makeup products. While I do love to shop at Sephora, and basically give them all my monies, I do love going to my local drugstore for a few favorite/must have makeup products. You don't always have to spend an arm and a leg for great makeup products and I'm here to show you my top 5 drugstore makeup....




1. Maybelline  Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer
I don't even know how long I've been using this product (it's been a few years), but it's definitely one makeup product that I use daily. Even when I'm using all high end products, I always end up using this concealer. I'm lucky that I don't have very dark circles, but this concentrated and pigmented liquid concealer helps erase any appearance of dark circles, puffiness, and brightens my under eye area. 

Favorite Color: Honey

2. Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24 Hour Cream Gel Eyeshadow
I love these cream gel eyeshadows from Maybelline! They come in a beautiful array of matte and metallic colors. I discovered them a few years ago and have been a fan ever since. You can use them on their own or layer is under you powder eye shadow to intensify the colors and has a long-lasting effect. 

Favorite Color: Tough as Taupe, Bad to the Bronze

3. Milani Baked Blush
If you want to give your cheeks a nice healthy glow, then you need to get you some Milani Baked Blushes. These blushes are soft, have great pigmentation and are so easy to blend. The color Luminoso is my ride or die blush, and it ranks right up there with my high-end blushes. Luminoso is actually fairly similar to NARS Orgasm but without the hefty price tag. If you want to give your cheeks that sun-kissed glow this spring and summer, then you needs some Luminoso in your life

Favorite Color: Luminoso, Rose D'Oro

4. Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain/Matte Balm
These balm stains give my lips life. They are my go to lip product on a day-to-day basis. I usually have one or two stashed in my purse, one in my car, and one stored in my desk at work. The balm stain looks so natural on the lips and gives it a nice stain of color. The color payoff for the matte balms is great and the velvet matte formula doesn't dry out my lips.

Favorite Color: Honey, Adore, Sultry (Matte), Standout (Matte)

5. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara
While I have a few holy grail high-end mascaras in my makeup collection, some of my all-time favorite mascaras actually come from the drugstore. CoverGirl's LashBlast Volume Mascara has been an ultimate favorite of mine for a few years and I usually end up picking this mascara over some of my favorite high-end mascaras. It's s long-lasting, provides a lot of volume, and it does not clump.

Favorite Color: Very Black (Waterproof)


Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them? 
What are some of your favorite drugstore makeup products? 
Let us know in the comments below.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...