Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Review: Fetish Fair by Erzabet Bishop

Release Date: July 6, 2014
Publisher: SilkWords LLC
Genre: Erotica / Choose Your Own Adventure
Source: Copy provided for honest review
Rating:

Kari’s BFF tricks her into attending a fetish expo, promptly losing her as they arrive. She can find her friend or maybe, just maybe find the secret to her own heart’s desires? Only a choice can open the door. If she dares.


SilkWords LLC is the go-to source for interactive women’s fiction. Blurring the line between fiction and gaming, SilkWords.com offers high quality romance and erotica that allows individual readers to choose how stories proceed. Two formats are available: branched fiction ("pick your path") and linear stories that are produced with reader participation. Future phases will focus on development of a SilkWords community by adding more levels of interactivity for both authors and readers. SilkWords is a place for smart, busy, adventurous women to unwind and have fun.



Did you ever read those Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up? I did, I loved them. I liked being able to make a choice and have the actions of that choice reflected in the story. I also enjoyed that I could read through a few more times to get a different experience. Seeing an erotica version of this...well, I was excited.


A couple of years ago I read an adult chose your own adventure book. It was with zombies.  It was called Infected by James Schannep. It was great, we read it as a family - debating the different options.  It had some world build and some character development and was a real story, where your choices matter and you learn the best way to survive.


 
Unfortunately, Fetish Fair lacked those key items.


I read through a handful of different story variations in all of about an hour.  It's an extremely simply told lack-luster adventure.  I didn't feel any connection or excitement from this book. At all.  It should have been fun, it's a BDSM convention, after all.  But it wasn't... It was entirely to basic. I went here, he spanked me, he stuck his cock in, I came, the end.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...