Monday, December 01, 2014

Ho-Ho-Holiday Book Tag


Hellooo Everyone! It's officially December and the start of the holiday season. Can you believe that it's already December? We certainly can't. How did this year pass by us so quickly? 

We know that the next couple of weeks are going to be so busy for so many of you that we wanted to start the holiday season with a little fun. So, we decided to come up with a fun holiday themed tag. Tags (or surveys) are always so much fun and we love seeing everyones answers. The HO-HO-HOLIDAY BOOK TAG is a series of questions that have a holiday and book theme. We tried to come up with ten fun questions and we hope you enjoy them. 


What's your favorite holiday themed book?

Debbie: It's a toss up between a Charlie Brown Christmas and The Polar Express


Which fictional book world would you want to visit this holiday season? Why?

Ali: Hogwarts / Hogsmeade  - all the magic, all the baked goods, butterbeer, need I say more?

Debbie: I'd go to Ohio and visit the world of Tara Sivec's Chocolate Lovers series. That whole gang is a riot and I'm sure lots of crazy holiday shenanigans would ensue.


You get to go on a winter holiday with five of your favorite book characters. Who would you choose?

Ali: Wow. That's a tough one. Dex (Expirement in Terror) because I know he'd supply whiskey and great stories.  Javier (The Artist Trilogy), though I would keep him cuffed to the bed, he's only here for playtime. ;)  Hayden and Tenley (Clipped Wings). Hayden to tattoo me and Tenley to supply baked goods.  Caleb (Dark Duet series) again, just for playtime.

Debbie: I'd want to go on a winter holiday with Gideon Cross (Crossfire series), Jesse Ward (This Man Trilogy), Braden Carmichael (On Dublin Street), Matt Sky (Night Owl Trilogy) and Andrew Hamilton (Reasonable Doubt series). And FYI.....this would a dirty talking orgy kind of winter holiday with all of these delectable book characters. Mmmm. 


What books are on your holiday wishlist?

Ali: Winger by Andrew Smith and anything by L.H. Cosway.

Debbie:  I'd love any Rainbow Rowell's hardcover books. I absolutely loooooove all the covers and I've heard nothing but great things about her writing. I mean...just look at all this cuteness!

   

Which 2014 book would you want to gift to all  your friends this holiday season?

Ali: OMG, who came up with these HARD questions? This is Falling by Ginger Scott.  It was a really sweet, emotional story.

Debbie: Bwahahaha. That would be ME Ali! Anyways, I'd giveaway Love, in English and Love, in Spanish. I know that's technically 2 books but I'd want my friends to read Vera and Mateo's whole story. Karina did such a fantastic job with these two books and I'm really looking forward to her writing more books in the contemporary romance genre. 


If you could spend a romantic evening with your favorite book character in a winter mountain cabin, who would you choose and why?

Ali: Ryder from Rachael Wade's The Replacement.  He'd be right at home in a setting like that and he's just yummy.

Debbie: When I think about spending the night up on a mountain there is only one man that I would want with me......John Day from Daisy Prescott's Ready to Fall. This tall, dark, handsome, bearded, and flannel wearing lumberjack would be the perfect date for a romantic evening up on a mountain cabin.


Which book character would get nothing but a piece of coal from you this holiday season? Why?

Ali: Voldermort. He's a dick.

Debbie: Twitch from RAW by Bella Aurora. Dude what you did at the end of that book was so wrong. So, so wrong. I'm still pissed over that shit.


If you had the chance to go on a coffee date with your author of choice, who would you pick and why?

Ali: Ooh, tough question. Probably
Debbie: Hard question because there are so many authors that I absolutely love and adore. One of my top choices would have to be Samantha Young. She wrote one of my favorite books (On Dublin Street) and created one of my top book boyfriends (Braden Carmichael). I can imagine meeting up with her at some cozy Scottish coffee shop and I would just sit and listen to her speak with her Scottish accent. 


What's the best "bookish" gift you have ever received?

Ali: Annie Walls gave me signed posters of her book covers. They are gorgeous and I love them!

Debbie: Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift cards are always awesome but one of my favorite "bookish" gifts I've ever received was The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition DVD set. I'm a huge LoTR fan and this was the most awesome gift anyone could have given.


What 2015 book(s) are you most looking forward to?

Ali: Very Twisted Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills,  Thicker Than Blood by Madeline Sheehan and Shadow Falling by Janice Pia (which is the most excited I've ever been about an Urban Fantasy title).

Debbie: So many good books to look forward to in 2015 but the two that I'm dying to read are The Shadows by J.R. Ward and Burned by Karen Marie Moning. Like it's driving me crazy waiting for these books.It's been two years since KMM released a book and I am dying to get back into the Fever world.


TAG! You're it! 

Now it's your turn to tell us some of your answers to the questions above. Leave us a comment below giving us an answer to any one of the questions asked above. We would also personally like to tag the following bloggers to participate:


Want to participate in the Ho-Ho-Holiday Book Tag? Just copy the questions and post them on your blog, Tumblr or Facebook with your answers. Make sure you tag us back so we can see your answers.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...