Friday, October 10, 2014

Horror Spotlight: Annie Walls


Black Heart Reviews will be featuring authors and their favorite horror related goodies throughout the month.  Tell us your favorites too!


A list of books and movies fit for the Halloween season!

Annie's book picks:


·        Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite – For those of you unfamiliar with Poppy, she loves to write gay protagonists and antagonists. I didn’t realize this until I was well into her books, but it doesn’t make me love them any less. Exquisite Corpse is mainly set in New Orleans (most of her stories are). It opens with a serial killer faking his death out of prison. If you have a tough stomach and tend to lean toward violent and gore, go for it.


·        Off Season by Jack Ketchum – This was my recent horror read and Ketchum’s first published novel. The writer in me could tell, but it didn’t take away from the story. Again, this is pretty sick and violent, so strong stomachs are needed. It opens with a girl being chased by children in the woods.

Annie's flick picks:


·        The Blair Witch Project – This was my most recent flick. I also think it’s way underrated. There’s something about the perspective that gives it that extra creepiness. Let alone, being lost in the woods with weird shit happening.


·        Rob Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses – Rob’s first, and an all time fave of mine. I remember counting down the days until this was released. In fact, I recently watched this one too. It’s one I like to pop in the player while I’m working. It’s also the second time I witnessed Six Feet Under’s, Rainn Wilson, in a role, so that was a plus for me. I love that guy.

Annie's friends’ book picks:


·        Laurin picked her most recent and creepiest read, Desperation by Stephen King. I LOVED this book and I love her pick.



·        Larry picked Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy – I had to look this one up, and now I’m going to the bookstore to get it. It’s supposedly full of gratuitous violence.

Annie's Friends’ horror flick picks:


·        Laurin couldn’t choose between her faves, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Last House on the Left. Both of these are classics, and both are should be watched NOW. Speaking of TCM, I VERY recently met Gunnar Hansen who portrayed the role of Leatherface.


·        Larry picked another classic, Halloween – This should really be everyone’s ‘go to’ horror flick. I mean, it plays on TV all through the month of October. If you want a violent and rated R version, watch Rob’s vision. Just be warned it has a kid killing animals and another kid, nudity, and heavy language.



Author of dark fantasy and sub-genres of horror. Voracious Reader and Googler. Lover of dark humor. Horror Buff. Zombie Apocalypse Enthusiast. Loyal Cracked follower. Pinterest Addict. Wife of adoring husband. Mother of a seven year old Bruce Wayne. Cook. Maid. Kisser of boo-boos. Ultimate Time Waster. Perfect Procrastinator. Lolly Gagger. Trubie. Cake Decorator. Tea Drinker. Sculpey Sculptor. Girl Gamer. Perfectionist in the art of Facebook stalking. And now, God help me, a blogger. Oh yeah, and a twitter, twatter, tweeter. Well yeah, I'm one crafty bitch.

 http://www.AnnieWalls.com https://www.facebook.com/pages/Annie-Walls/106813269482996https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5777960.Annie_Walls?from_search=truehttps://twitter.com/TheAnnieWalls

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...