Thursday, September 04, 2014

Review: This is Falling by Ginger Scott


Series Order Number: Falling #1
Release Date: August 29, 2014
Publisher: GingerScott
Genre: New Adult
Source: copy provided for honest review
Rating: ★★★★1/2

First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it.

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how.

And then I met Nate Preeter.

An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing.

And then he showed me how to fall.

*This is a standalone in a three-part series that will focus on different characters. Each book can be read on its own.




Pain. Guilt. Fear. Sorrow.  A sad combination of feelings that have ruled Rowe's life for two years. Moving away from her safe existence to attend college, is a bigger step for her than most could understand.

Meeting and opening up to new friends and a potential love, well...that was something Rowe never expected of herself.  Though she finds an easiness with Nate, the guilt of falling in love with him is a constant road block between her heart and her mind.

Nate lives a life of baseball, flings and fun.  All well and good, but he misses having a special intimacy, a closeness to someone else. Someone to share your special moments with.  Nate sees something in Rowe, a need that matches his own.

Nate is beyond patient with Rowe.  As much as she fights her closeness to him, he waits for her to work through her ghosts.


Working through her ghosts is not so easy when they are not yet all dead and buried.

This is Falling is a slow, sweet romance that blooms with time and grace.  Nate and Rowe are both struggling through some tough life lessons and while they hurt themselves and each other in the process, the true depth of how they feel constantly shows through.

It's an adorable, yet tragic tale of life throwing you curve balls and how you overcome the twists and turns they bring.  It's a story of love, of healing, of ultimate survival.


While This is Falling is a sad tale, it's also got quite a happy and light hearted element to it.  Rowe finds some fun loving people who enter her life and it proves that she can smile again, laugh again, breathe again.  Breathe, without every inhale feeling like the last. Without the weight and responsibility of others lives strangling her heart with every beat.

I enjoyed This is Falling so much. Not only Nate and Rowe but the side characters as well.  Which only makes it a most enjoyable wait for You and Everything After, the next book in the series, which will feature some of these wonderful characters.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...