Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: Indecent (The Cage Sessions #1) by Skylar Cross


Series: The Cage Sessions #1
Release Date: May 31, 2014
Publisher:Skylar Cross
Genre: Erotica/ Serial
Source: Copy provided for honest review
Rating: ★★


Annika is a reporter for MiamiImproper.com, a struggling web magazine. Damien Cage is rock star frontman for the Platinum-selling band Eon Sphinx.

When her boss sends Annika to interview Damien at his Biscayne Bay estate, she can't believe it. Now 22 and trying to find her path in life, Annika is trying to let go of her strict religious upbringing. She yearns to be sexually free, enjoying all that life has to offer.

Just turned 30, Damien is surrounded by beautiful girls. He trains them in the "Deviant Arts of Pleasure." But none of them are on his level. Disillusioned and jaded with the music industry, he has quit his band in search of something more meaningful out of life.

When Annika and Damien meet, sparks fly. The steam between them is hotter than the Florida sunshine.

Damien makes an offer to Annika. Neither realizes it yet, but it's an offer that will fill their lives with both deep meaning AND sizzling passion... starting at one of Damien's infamous Friday night parties full of decadence and debauchery.



Indecent started off so great! The first chapter is ridiculous and humorous, I thought I would love Annika.  I mean seriously, anyone so damn horny that they'll pull a dildo out while stuck in traffic...my kind of girl! ;)

That was really where the fun ended though.

Based on the synopsis, Damien and Annika meet and "sparks fly".  Hmmm, no. They really didn't.  For me, sparks flying means sexual tension so thick you can hardly breathe.  It means butterflies that you feel from your throat to your hooha.  I felt none of those things.  It was a normal, everyday, casual meeting between a chick and a supposedly hot guy.  Though no details given about him made him exceptionally panty melting.  In fact, he kind of seemed like a douche.  He's got a pool full of girls for his entertainment and a PR assistant he isn't all that nice to.

Add to it...he likes Nickleback. Sorry, deal breaker for me.  I get it...I know they have fans, you may be one and I apologize for saying this in advance but...I've never met a hot as sin Nickleback fan that I want to fuck on the spot.

Anywho...

I could get past the pool full of girls and even the not so polite behavior to his PR person, he's a rock star after all. But there just wasn't any real pull towards him for me.

Until the conversation got a little mysterious and then a little kinky.  He invites Annika to one of his exclusive parties, which she has some basic knowledge of and the "rule" that applies to all invited guests.  This is where Damien began to intrigue me a little.

But only just a little and right as I was beginning to wonder about him, the book is over.  It ends. Not with a cliffhanger so much as just an open ending.

It's a serial, I didn't go into expecting a whole lot of drama to ensue in just under 100 pages. I did expect a bit more though.  There were some outside details that maybe could have been cut out to leave room for a little more of an established plot between the two main characters.  Perhaps that would have left me feeling more like I could not wait for the next episode.  (Did anyone else just hear Dr. Dre?)

Then again, maybe not...since, you know, Nickleback.  This one maybe isn't for me, even though Annika sure seems like a bundle of fun.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...