Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: Dair by R.K. Lilley

Series: The Wild Side #3
Release Date: July 24, 2014
Publisher: R.K. Lilley
Genre: Erotica Romance
Source: Self-Purchased
Rating: ★★★★


I’d started writing everything about her down. I didn’t want to forget. 

The color of her hair. The depth of her eyes. The stubborn shape of her jaw. The way her lips shaped words with such expression. The way her voice made my chest ache. The way she gave advice beyond her years. 

The way she listened like she cared about every word. 

The way she made me feel—Alive. 

Every curve and hollow of her body was recorded, in my mind, and now my hard drive. 
There was a bit of truth in every lie, and even if it had only been fed to me in the smallest increments, I wanted, needed to remember the real Iris. 

Because in the end, there was one irrefutable thing that I couldn’t deny. 

Hostage or hustler, sinner or saint, whatever she was or wasn’t, whether she lied to my face or taunted me with hints of the truth, all of this seemed always to defer to the more pertinent fact at hand. 

She was mine. 
Inconceivably. 
Undeniably. 
Mine. 

After yet another shocking discovery, followed by a disturbing letter, Dair is almost certain Iris has left his life for good. He tries his best to move on. 

Easier said than done, and when an unexpected and dangerous opportunity arises for him to find out what happened to her, he doesn’t hesitate to take it. 

As usual, with Iris, the answer leaves him more lost than the question. 

Every revelation is shrouded in mystery, and every disclosure leaves Dair more in the dark than ever. 

And when finally, the messy truth is revealed in its entirety, will he be ready for it? 

This is the final installment in Iris and Dair’s story. This book is intended for readers 18 and up.


Finally! Finally, I have the answers to the questions that have been floating around my head since the very beginning of the series. R.K. Lilley closes out this wonderful serial by revealing everything about Iris' past. We finally learn who she is and the skeletons that she has been hiding from.

How could you be in love with a person you didn't really know? Someone that had fed you nothing but lies?

From the start of his affair with Iris, Dair quickly learned that Iris was very good at her disappearance act. So, at the end of Iris, Dair was not all too surprised that Iris had once again left him. Dair pretty much spends most of his time trying go back to his normal life, by mingling with friends or even try to date other women. But Iris had made such an impression on him that it was pretty impossible for this man to get rid of his obsession. His pretty, young thing definitely had possessed his mind, body and soul. He doesn't give up in trying to find Iris and figure out what her story is and Dair definitely dares himself to dive in to the crazy and dangerous world that Iris lives in. 

Inside of every man existed two natures, and never had my own dual temperaments been more apparent than they were then. I felt equal parts tenderness and hunger. Love and base desire.

One of the things that I've come to love about this series is how Lilley kept the whole story in Dair's POV. I loved watching this somewhat reclusive author finally come to life after his divorce. While Iris definitely had Dair's loins tingling and bobbing around, her presence breathed in new life to his dull, lonely, and mundane life. The Dair you see in the third installment is a totally different man from the one we first me in The Wild Side. It was a really nice surprise to see this timid man turn in to a hot, animalistic, and domineering lover. Dair definitely had my loins quivering and I would definitely not mind if I had my own personal version of Dair.

My love for you is the realest thing I know. I’d like for you to remember that.

Like Dair was with Iris, R.K. Lilley had me obsessed and consumed by this series. The Wild Side series is full of twists, turns, suspense, and of course, great sex! DAIR was a great conclusion to this sizzling series, and like with all of Lilley's other contemporary romances, The Wild Side, makes a great addition to my growing R.K. Lilley book collection. She's definitely one of my go to authors when it comes to hot romances and I definitely cannot wait to see what else she has in store for her fans. 


Book Links:  Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  | Goodreads

  



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...