Thursday, August 07, 2014

Review: All for This by Lexi Ryan

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MDWI3X4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00MDWI3X4&linkCode=as2&tag=blahearev-20&linkId=V2P5DVDK3LRZAM7F
Series Order Number: Here and Now #3
Release Date: August 4, 2014
Publisher: Lexi Ryan
Genre: New Adult: Contemporary Romance
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★

What if you would never remember the day you made the most important decision of your life?

That’s what they’re telling me about the day of my accident—the day I put on Max’s ring and chose him over Nate. I’m counting on the wisdom behind a decision I don’t remember making.

Max is amazing—sexy, sweet, and kind. I was starting to believe happily-ever-after might be in my future after all. Then the unthinkable happened and my world imploded. If I’m going to make this work with Max, I need my missing memories, or at least answers from about those five days before my accident.

But what does my future hold if those answers aren’t anything like I imagined?


This series makes me sigh.... Sigh with frustration, sigh with adoration, sigh with all the elephant size feels.

To break the series down quickly, Lexi wakes in the hospital not remembering the past year of her life.  She's wearing an engagement ring, but remembers no such proposal.  A man who is not her fiance crawls in bed with her one night and she has no recollection of who he is.  Slowly her memory begins to return but the few days leading up to the accident that caused her memory loss are still beyond reach and the piecing the puzzle of her life together is tearing her apart.

Lexi struggles with insecurities from her childhood weight issues, trust issues because of those insecurities and just a deep need to try to make everyone around her happy.  But finding a happy ending when love triangles unravel into love pentagons, not everyone will come out smiling.

"His eyes are resting on my left hand, and I want to cut it off for the pain it puts on his face."

She has choices. Stick with the man that you've loved for years, the one who is a safe choice, who will take of you, even if his initial intentions when dating you were less than honest and true.  Or, take a chance on the man that can't promise you every dream you've always wanted but loves you none the less, the man that makes your heart skip a beat and your skin tingle, even if you have to share him with the other side of the country.

Nate had my heart from the first time he graced the pages of Lost in Me and it never left him.  He's a stand up guy that just really really wants to do right by his son.  I couldn't fault him anything because that was truly the catalyst for all his decisions.




Max took much more time to grow on me but even my hardened heart was feeling for him in this book.

But it was Hanna that grew the most in All for This.  She abandoned many of her insecurities, she suffered some very large decisions and really tried to keep a level headed through them all.  She felt all grown up here and I appreciated the character growth.

Here and Now is a series entirely full of angst, betrayal, heartache and some very deep seeded love.  Love that leads to ultimate sacrifices and ultimately horrible decisions.  But, also, love that sticks it out and finds a way to survive and thrive.

I'm crossing fingers for many more spin offs in the future. There are so many great characters that also need to find a happy ending.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...